Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Repeat Prayer


I posted this prayer about a year ago, after a friend sent it to me, but I am re-posting today for those who have never seen it.  It is one of my favorites.
 

                                                 O Holy and Astounding Spirit,
                                         You catch by surprise at least once a day
 with the freshness of Your love and the unpredictability of Your presence,
especially in the humble things that somehow give me immense joy. 

Some moments are completely new, full of joy, as uplifting as the dawning sun,
and those moments come from you day by day. 

Stand behind me today when I am right and ought to be more determined,
 and block my way when I am being stupid and ought to back off.
Teach me true compassion for those in need, so I can be of genuine help to someone. 

Bless me today, Holy Spirit, and astonish me again. 

Amen.























lo

















Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment