Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One thing I have asked of the Lord,
and this I seek.....Ps. 27
 
How would we finish this statement?  What is the "one thing" we would ask of the Lord; what is the one thing we seek with all our hearts?

Looking back on my life, I know the "one thing" the Lord has given me, and that is Himself.

I know that He has given me Jesus, in Whom is hidden all the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge and power of God (Romans 11:33).  What more could He give?  And what more could I ask of Him? 

The psalmist says, "Like a weaned child on its mother's knee, so is my soul within me."  What a beautiful image -- and how appropriate!  That is how I feel now.  There is nothing else I desire -- except that the Lord would pour out on my children, on my friends and my students, on everyone I know, even remotely, the same gifts He has given to me!
 


1 comment: