Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mr. Helpless Jesus

Mr. Helpless Jesus dying on the Cross of men's hatred and rejection of the things of God,

life-blood spilling out of You, who can now do no more good on earth,

did you mean for me to be helpless too?

I read today about one man shooting another for "disrespecting" him,

and about one woman breaking the jaw of another with a beer bottle.

And I wonder---where is Your Spirit poured out upon the world?

Am I helpless or just indifferent to the suffering around me?

Can I make a difference, Mr. Helpless Jesus, or am I too pre-occupied?

I know You still live on earth in me---but have I nailed You to the cross of my own convenience and comfort, so that you are still helpless to help these, the least of your brethren?  Have I made You "helpless" today?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful cry from the depths of your soul! Thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete