Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Heart of Christ

Spiritual union is more powerful than physical union.  If I go to the Father, those who are united with me go with me to the Father.  If we ourselves stand in the Presence of God, all those wrapped inside our hearts stand with us in His Presence; they too must receive, even unknowingly, the love of God that we ourselves receive.  As long as they are united to us, they receive all that we are and have from God.  Therefore, let us exclude from our hearts no one who comes to us.

All of us want to be united to God the Father in an eternal embrace.  What we do not realize is that He has already poured out all of His Divinity, His Person, His Love into the the heart of HIs beloved Son, Jesus. 

Jesus, in turn, has united us to Himself so that we too can experience the eternal love of God given to Him.  If we stand outside of Jesus, there is no way for us to receive Divine Love; we simply have no capacity to receive all that the Father gives us.  The person who drinks by teaspoons will never quench his thirst.

To enter the heart of Christ is to experience the love of the Father for Him and in Him, for the world.  To enter the heart of Christ is at the same time to experience the pain of rejection from the world that does not want to stand in the Presence of God, that does not want what the Father offers us of Himself.

1 comment:

  1. I love that--the person who drinks by teaspoons will never quench his thirst. My favorite Psalm, 81:10 says "Open wide your mouth and I will fill it." I imagine my mouth wide open like a baby bird ready to receive truth and anything else God will give me.

    One bird watching is good. What a good reminder of who we are!

    ReplyDelete