Monday, March 4, 2013

Reporting for Work

I report for work each morning around 4:30, give or take an hour each way -- my Boss is very understanding.  When I show up, He says, "Grab a cup of coffee and sit down; let's talk."  Sometimes we begin with my telling Him what's on my mind, and sometimes, by His telling me what's on His.  We sit together until there is a communion of spirit, until there is no need for words anymore, until we are both on the same page.  Sometimes He shows me something one of His employees has written, something He knows will encourage and strengthen me, or bring me peace.  He is constantly enlighening my understanding, and pouring His own peace into my heart.

Today, He reminds me:

Refuse to worry!  In this world, there will always be something enticing you to worry.  That is the nature of a fallen, fractured planet: things are not as they should be.  So the temptation to be anxious is constantly with you, trying to worm its way into your mind.  The best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with thanksgiving.  Awareness of My Presence fills your mind with Light and Peace, leaving no room for fear.  This awareness lifts you up above your circumstances, enabling you to see problems from My perspective.  Live close to Me! Together we can keep the wolves of worry at bay (Jesus Calling: March 4).
 
I ask Him to take my children and friends into His place of business and to direct them as they work, and I ask Him to show me what I need to be doing for the day.  "Stay in touch," He says; "the information will come to you on a need-to-know basis.  Here's my Blackberry/Spirit; you can always reach Me on this."
 
I get up and go about my business with a smile; the Boss is here, and He is able to make all things work together unto my good (Romans 8:28).
 


1 comment:

  1. Seems that all our relationships could benefit from this commitment to communion of spirits on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete