Sunday, July 22, 2012

Walking With God

Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away (Gen.5:22).

***************************************************************************

"Come, walk with Me," said the Most High God, "and I will show you great things which you know not."
"Not right now, Lord," said I, "my favorite show is coming on t.v.  Maybe later."

"Come, walk with Me," said the Spirit; "I want you to see something wonderful I made."
"It looks like rain right now," I thought; "We might get caught in a thunderstorm."

"Come, walk with Me," said the Lord;" I want to reveal to you the secrets of the universe."
"It's kind of hot right now," I said; "let's wait until it's cooler."

"Never mind," whispered the Spirit; "the homeless without a t.v., the one in prison who would love to walk in the rain, the one toiling all day in the hot sun have come with Me, and I have refreshed their souls beyond all measure."


1 comment: