Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Apology

I have written over 1300 entries over the past 7 or 8 years, and in all that time, I have seen maybe 6 comments total.  The lack of comments has never bothered me, as I always figured only 6 people read this blog and half of them were family members.  

I think I write to know what I think, and it is a joyful occasion when there is a glimmer of recognition on the part of a reader, but whether a comment arrives or not, I seem to keep writing -- maybe for myself, but also because joy overflows at the goodness of God, and I need an outlet to express it.

Yesterday, however, for the first time (duh!), I noticed a tab labeled Comments, and I clicked on it, spilling out hundreds of comments over the years.  I don't know why I have never noticed this tab previously, or why a very few comments slipped through the cracks and actually appeared on the blog itself.  

So today I want to thank those who have commented over the years and apologize for never responding.  I think in addition to adding a comment, there might be another step to actually make that comment appear -- is there a "publish" button on your end?  I'll look into it.  In the meantime, I am going back years and enjoying your comments.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny that this came up. I have so been inspired by your writings. Not sure why you have written them but I've always felt like they should be published. Knowing the writer makes it so personal to me kinda like we are just having a great conversation. I read them all and sometimes I go back and re-read...thank you Gayle for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete