Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Providence

In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:6)

********************************
Several months ago, I received a notice that my general practitioner was no longer in practice. His patients had the option to find a new doctor or to switch over to one of two nurse practitioners.  I decided to ask around for recommendations from my friends and trusted sources.  My pulmonologist recommended a doctor in Long Beach, not far from my home.  However, the first appointment they could give me was March 17 (I had called in early November).  In addition, he would not accept my secondary insurance.  So I started over.

A friend recommended her doctor, but when I called, I was told that she was no longer accepting new patients.  They gave me the name of another doctor to call, but I could find no one who knew that doctor.  In desperation, I did call and set up an appointment however.  They were able to schedule me two weeks out; my appointment was for yesterday (Tuesday).

On Monday, I started having severe chills and aches, along with a urinary tract infection that was very painful.  In fact, I was seeing blood in the urine.  How grateful I was to have an appointment already scheduled the very next day!  

Today, I picked up Jesus Calling, a series of meditations for each day and I read the following:

I AM TAKING CARE OF YOU.  Feel the warmth and security of being enveloped in My loving Presence.  Every detail of your life is under my control.....Because the world is in an abnormal, fallen condition, people tend to think that chance governs the universe.  Events may seem to occur randomly, with little or no meaning.  People who view the world this way have overlooked one basic fact: the limitations of human understanding....If you could only see how close I am to you and how constantly I work on your behalf, you would never again doubt that I am wonderfully caring for you.  This why you must live by faith, not by sight, trusting in My mysterious, majestic Presence.

Not only is Divine Providence working constantly on our behalf, but our gracious God bends low enough to let us know what He is doing.  When I read the possible side effects of the prescribed medicine, I was afraid to begin taking it -- but I have no choice.  However, after reading this passage from Jesus Calling this morning, I have confidence that not only did God arrange for this doctor's visit, but He Himself will watch over the prescribed medicine.  How good it is to trust in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment