Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Learning to Hear the Voice of God Within

A few weeks ago, I asked, "How does the Holy Spirit speak to you?"  "When/how do you hear Him?"  The answers that came back were remarkably similiar to one another and to my own:  Sometimes I am pulled from my own thoughts into reflection; sometimes, it sounds like the voice of my mother/ my father; sometimes it is the halyards from the boats in the harbor; sometimes it is the voice of others.

Today, I am asking a further question:  How do you know when it is the Spirit and not your own voice speaking to you?  And I am torn between wanting to reflect on the answer myself and wanting to allow each person who reads this the space for his/her own reflections.

So I will wait until tomorrow to post my own answers to this question.

2 comments:

  1. I usually only KNOW it is The Sacred (Holy) Spirit when, after doing all I can to avoid moving on a certain path, the path simply opens in front of me, with someone taking my hand and insisting they need ME to help them find the way. The "little child" that leads me is often of advanced age, but with a child's trust in my ability to assist him/her on his/her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is the Holy Spirit when a thought comes as an answer to something I am concerned about. Sometimes it is a thought out of the blue but I just know it is not me.On rare times I just talk to Jesus like I talk to a friend & He replies. There are times He answers me through others.Then there were times I received scripture & when I looked it up I knew it was for me.The important thing to know is there are many and varied ways He can communicate with us.He told me He is always with me and to mirror Him.

    ReplyDelete